- Notes before start
- Settings in Google
- Settings in Visma Severa (administrator)
- Error when setting up calendar syncronization
- Paid Google G Suite account is required in order to use Google Calendar sync.
- Activate Google calendar sync add-on with administrator access rights from upgrades. Google calendar sync belongs to Premium- and Enterprise- package.
- User email addresses in Visma Severa must be the same as those used in Google for the sync to work correctly.
- Synchronization is only possible between Severa calendar and Google's primary calendar.
- If user has also other syncs at the same time (for example between Google and mobile phone), user should be careful with the sync settings to avoid duplicate entries. In case it is not possible to disable the mobile phone sync, we recommend that mobile phone is set to manual sync.
- We recommend that when the calendar synchronization is enabled, all Severa users in the organization use it. If all users is not using sync, it could cause error when for example owner of the Severa activity is not Google User.
- Log into Google Developers console https://console.developers.google.com/ with administration access right
- Click the projects list, then click the New project. If project is already created, open project and go to step 5.
Enter project name and Create project
- Wait while the project is being created > You'll get a notification at the top right corner of the page as soon as the project is ready. Click the project name.
- Go to dashboard and Select Enable APIs and Services if API's are not enabled before
- Select Google Calendar API
- Select Enable
- Select Create credentials
- Select Service account > Service account
- Enter a name for the account, give description and select Next.
- Select a role > Project > Editor and select Continue.
- Choose Close
- Click account name to open account.
- Select Add key > Create new key > Select P12 > Create.
- P12 file is saved to your computer. You will need to upload this file into Severa so remember the location of the file. The pop up will show a password, that you will need to enter into Severa, so write down the password.
- Close popup
- Open "Show domain-Wide delegation > and select "Enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation" > Save.
- In the OAuth 2.0. Client IDs view click pen icon to see email address and Client ID. NOTE: You will need the Email address later so keep the developer portal open or copy this information for later use.
- Log in to Google admin console https://admin.google.com with Google admin account (G suite properties can only be accessed with Admin account)
- Next go to Security
- Select Advanced Settings
- Select Manage domain-wide delegation
- Click Add new
- Add Client id and API scope. Paste Client ID from clipboard to Client id -field and copy scope https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar to OAuth scopes (comme-delimited)-field
- Authorise the change
- In Severa, click on Wheel icon > Settings in the top menu and then click on Google Calendar in the Organization section
- Enter Service Account Email, Private key password and add Private key -file from your computer.
The email address is the one from step 12 and the password is the one you saved in step 11.
- Select what activities are synced from Severa to Google based on activity type. Note! It is not possible to restrict what calendar entries are synced from Google to Severa. Private entries from Google are matched to activity type "Personal" if such an activity type exists in Visma Severa. All other entries get the Visma Severa default activity type. Read more about activity types.
- To test connection, click "Test", then Save changes.
User are able to activate calendar synchronization to himself fro own profile. Note! Activating calendar synchronization to other user is not possible.
- Click on your own name (upper right corner) > Own profile. Open or search the Calendar synchronization section, and enable google calendar sync.
When enabled, calendars will automatically be synchronized. Synchronization cycle is about 30 seconds.