New version of Severa mobile is released on Christmas week.
NOTE: Changes are visible for Android and Windows Phone users on the week of the release and for iOS users the week after that.
The following improvements were introduced in December mobile release
Activity management (add-on)
- User can choose a case and a phase that activity is connected to (customer will come in next version!)
- On going sales cases separated in to their own group
- Sort order fixed for won/lost/no sale cases
- "Show more" added for activities in customer page. We now show 5 latest as default.
- The first activity on the list is what's happening next
- Ongoing activity is no longer shown as late
- Instead of description of the activity, customer's name is shown
- Disabled Save from top right corner, when user is choosing a value from the list (iOS)
- User should be able to select the organization he wants to login into (when user has multiple user accounts with same password to different Severa organizations)
- Titles added for different things, like "work hours" and "activities" to make the page more clear
- You can now side swipe to go from day to day
- Pre-select default work type when making a work hour entry
- Possibility to enter Overtime
- When entering work hours, instead of 0 we now show the amount of hours that is still left to enter for today.
- Behavior added when work hour entry is editable and when it is not. Now if work hour entry is approved or invoiced, entry cannot be edited in the app.
The following issues were fixed in December mobile release
- Lots of translation fixes
- Editing was possible when activity is marked as done
- New travel and New product was missing from a menu in Windows phone
- The sort order of activities in Today view was fixed
- Fixed how Probability % behaves when sales status is changed
- Completed and All day slider issues fixed in Android and Windows phone
- Fixed and issue where the app "hanged" when user with limited access rights was trying to edit work hour entries.
- Some of the menu items couldn't be accessed on iPhone 4s, because menu wasn't scrollable
- On case page, sales, KPI's and project plan was not shown if a sales status wasn't selected