- Create an invoice through the top menu
- Create an invoice through an account
- Create an invoice through a case
It is possible to create invoices through the top menu, through an account or through a case. Each case has a default billing customer who the invoice is initially created, unless grouping cases to one invoice at which point the main account of the cases is the invoice receiver.
Once the invoice has been created it's possible to adjust the contents as well as the appearance of the invoice before sending it. For more general information see the Invoices article. See also article Send an invoice.
Prior to creating the first invoice for your company, the system administrator should review and complete related settings such as
- Go to New - Invoice
- In Ready to bill view, a list of all cases with billable items/hours/travel expenses is displayed. When "main account" of the case is different than the default billing customer, the latter is displayed in brackets.
- Filter the results by selecting different criteria such as
- Business unit
- Account owner
- Case owner
- Sales person
- Market segmentation
- Select single case/multiple cases: Click the check box(es) in front the the specific case
- Select all cases: Click the check box in the title bar of the report
- Group multiple cases belonging to a particular account: Click the check boxes in front the the specific cases
- If the Group cases check box is selected, cases will be grouped and invoice is created for the main account of the cases. Billing address and contact is also taken from the main account.
- To create separate invoices, click to deselect the Group cases check box. At this point invoices are created to the default billing customers of each case. Billing address and contact is also taken from the default billing customer.
- If only one invoice is created, the invoice will open
- If multiple invoices are created, a report will open listing the newly created invoices. This report can be printed or exported, and new invoices can be located through Reports - Report gallery - Invoices last 30 days or Browse - Invoices last 30 days.
NOTE: If you want to create a new invoice unrelated to cases listed in the Ready to bill report, click "None above, create new" link. The New invoice page opens which allows you to select the Account name, Contact person, Billing address and Case name. When complete, click Create invoice to open a new, empty invoice.
- Open an Account
- Scroll down to the Invoices section, and click the New invoice button in the title bar.
- The New invoice page opens with the Account name already selected. Use the drop-down menus to select the Contact person, Billing address and Case name.
- When complete, click Create invoice to open the new invoice which will contain all billable expenses for the case.
- If desired, click the Config tab, and in the Cases section you can add other cases from the same account to the invoice. Or, another option is to edit the Itemized expense section to add, edit or delete individual expenses.
- Basically, once created the invoice is ready to be sent. Proceed to change the invoice Status by selecting Sent from the drop-down menu and clicking the arrow. Then create a PDF or print the invoice to send it.
- Open a Case
- Scroll down to the Sales & Financials section
- In Billing & Revenue section click the New invoice button
- New invoice page opens which will contain all billable expenses for the case