- Settings in office 365
- Create delegate user
- Settings in Visma Severa (administrator)
- Settings for user in Visma Severa
- Requires Microsoft Exchange calendar sync add-on.
- Read the restrictions of the sync.
- Read how the calendar sync works and triggers that activate sync for a user.
- Look at the possible errors when activating sync.
Notes before start
We have verified that implementing sync works with the scenario described below.
Possible scenarios that might cause issues with the implementation:
- Multiple domains
- Accounts that have been migrated from one server to another, i.e. Microsoft Exchange 2007 -> Office 365
In these scenarios Customer Support can check the error message seen on our error logs but troubleshooting should be done by the service provider or Microsoft. We don't provide support for Office 365 environment management.
Following information is needed from Office 365 to set up the sync in Visma Severa. Contact your Office 365 administrator user to get this data.
- Delegate user account: Delegate account, which have been given impersonate access rights. User needs to have Exchange license.
- Delegate user password: Delegate account password, which can be used when login to Office 365 service.
Office 365 administrator access is required to do the following steps.
1. Log in to Office 365 admin portal.
2. Go to Dashboard and select Add user. Note! Delegate user should have exchange-license.
3. Add user details and select product licenses. (Note! It is not necessary to give administrator permissions for the user).
4.Choose Exchange Online (Plan 1) -license (NOTE! Every user who use the synchronization needs to have this licence also.)
5. After delegate user is created, login to Microsoft Online portal and logout once with this user to activate the user account.
6. Go to Home > Admin > Exchange
7. Select Permissions > +-icon. For the role group enter some name, as Role add "ApplicationImpersonation" and as a Member add the user created in previous steps. Finish with Save.
1. Login Visma Severa
2. Click on wheel icon > Settings in the top menu and then click on Microsoft Exchange in the Organization section.
3. First select the Office 365 version from the dropdown: Exchange 2007/Exchange 2010/Exchange 2013/Exchange 2016/Office 365
4. Enter Delegate username and Delegate password provided by your Office 365 administrator.
It is possible to limit what activities are synced from Severa to Outlook based on activity type. Visma Severa's project tasks cannot be synced from severa to outlook calendar. Note! It is not possible to restrict what calendar entries are synced from Outlook to Severa. Private entries from Outlook are matched to activity type "Personal" if such an activity type exists in Visma Severa. All other entries get the Visma Severa default activity type. Read more about activity types.
Visma Severa users can now be notified to complete the calendar sync set up on their Personal details page.
1. Click your own name Own profile
2. Move to the Calendar synchronization -section
3. Enable calendar sync. Verify that the Username displayed below is correct so that the same email address is used as an Exchange email address and VIsma Severa login address. NOTE: Other user cannot enable to another user.
When enabled, calendars will automatically be synchronized.
Oliko tästä vastauksesta apua?Send feedback