- Notes before start
- Using account import template
- Uploading CSV-file to Visma Severa
- Adding data to existing accounts
- Common problems when importing accounts
- Field formatting
The Account import function allows you to quickly add large amounts of customer data to Visma Severa by uploading information in a CSV file. In Visma Severa, go to Tools > Account import, and download the customer import template. The template provides the necessary column headers and examples of how your data should look in the CSV file to upload properly.
- Customer data can be imported to Visma Severa in a CSV file.
- For existing accounts it is only possible to add new addresses, contacts or account groups.
- CSV files can be created and edited with spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc and Apple Numbers.
- Do not use double quotes ("), semicolons (;) and line breaks (enter) in your data
- Use semicolon (;) as field separator in the file
- Do not delete column headers in the customer import template file. Even if you don't insert data in a column, the header is necessary for correct positioning and uploading of your data.
- Special characters, including Ä, Ö, Å need to be encoded according to ISO/IEC 8859-1, Windows-1252 or UTC-8. See instruction how to save file with correct encoding in excel?
- Please make sure that your data is correct before uploading your CSV file. Once data is in Visma Severa, editing or deleting can be done manually for each Account, but not with “one click.”
1. Select Tools > Account import, select 'Account import template' and save file to your computer.
2. Open the customer import template with Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc or Apple Numbers.
3. The first row is reserved for column headers, such as Account name, VAT number, Industry, AddressLine1, etc. and then there are four rows of example data that represent four unique accounts.
4. Headers should NOT be deleted. Use the example data as a guide, but remember to delete it before uploading file to Visma Severa.
5. Enter your existing customer data in the cell. For example, from your customer data file select all data in a column, such as account names, and copy and paste the data into the column below the header account name in the customer import template.
- Account name is mandatory field and there can’t be empty rows between accounts.
- Some cells in a row can be empty if you don’t have data to enter.
- A single account can be entered more than once, if for example, the account has more than one contact or address. The account name is entered for each row which contains related data.
- Format of the phone numbers need to be one of the follows:
- +358 45 23 48 646 or +358 45 2348646 ("Countrycode" space "area code (without first zero)" space "rest of the numbers with or without spaces")
- 045 23 48646 or 045 23 48 646 ("Area code" space "2 numbers" space "rest of the numbers with or without spaces")
- When phone number format in Severa is not proper, Excel doesn't recognize it as phone number and you can end up with numbers without first zeros or numbers looking like "3,58452€+11".
6. When the data move is complete, save the file in CSV format for upload.
1. Open Tools > Account import
2. Click Browse, select the file and click Open.
3. Click Upload.
4. The top line of text will describe how many accounts, contacts and addresses will be created. The first few entries will display in the table below for review.
5. Click Confirm to finish the upload. A list of your existing customer data is presented as new accounts ready for use in Visma Severa.
6. If there are errors in the CSV file, a note will appear above the table in red. In this case, Click here to download report to identify the problems and correct the CSV file accordingly. Cancel the upload and once corrections are complete, upload and test the file again.
- Click File
- Select Save as..
- Select Tools > Web Options..
- Select Encoding tab
- Select encoding from "Save this document as:" -drop-down
The account import function can also be used to add more data for existing accounts. New addresses, contacts or account groups can be added using CSV file. Please note, that it is not possible to update or delete existing addresses, contacts, account groups or any other field that accounts have in Severa. To add addresses, contacts or account groups, simply enter the account name as an identifier on each row and fill in the information you wish to add.
If you encounter unidentified problems while uploading your CSV file, please consult the list below and double check your file for these common problems.
- The column header Account name is missing
- The data for Account name is missing in a row
- There are empty rows between account rows
- Data includes marks, such as the semicolon (;), double quotes (") or a hard return (enter)
- When adding a new contact, the contact’s first and last name are both required
- When including a contact’s job title, the contact’s first and last name are both required
- Spaces or other invalid characters are included in email or website addresses
- Field character limitations are exceeded (see: Field formatting)
- Important column headers are dropped or in the wrong order
- Punctuation marks may be missing due to CSV file edits
- Zeros may be dropped if they’re the first digit in phone numbers or postal codes (format need to be defined as below).
The Account name field must be completed to create a new or add more to an existing Account. Only Account name field is a mandatory field. If field information isn't provided or isn't in the correct format, the field will be blank in Severa.
Below are the column headers with information about field formatting for correct uploading of the CSV file.
- Account name, text, 100 characters.
- VAT number, text, 50 characters.
- Account number, numeric.
- Account group, text, 200 characters with | delimiters, e.g. \Account type\Customer|\Account type\Partner|\Account level\A level.
- Account owner, text, 100 characters as Firstname Lastname. The account owner must already be a user in Severa or the person who is performing the import will be appointed as the account owner.
- Employees, numeric.
- Annual revenue, numeric.
- Notes, text, 4000 characters.
- Website, text, 200 characters in valid format, e.g. http://www.severa.com
- Rating, numeric between 1 - 5, in which the 1 = one star and 5 = five stars.
- Payment term, numeric.
- OfficeEmail, text, 200 characters in valid format with only one address per contact. e.g. email@example.com.
- Language, text, 100 characters, e.g. English (US), Danish or Finnish.
- Currency, text for a valid currency code, e.g. USD, EUR, or GBP, from the list of currencies. Imported currency codes will only be recognized if the currency has been activated in the system settings (Settings > Currencies). If the use of more than one currency is desired, the Multi-currency add-on can be purchased (Upgrades > Adjust features > Multi-currency).
- AddressLine 1-3, text, 100 characters per line. Note! When AddressLine1, 2 and 3 are filled in the CSV, all the address lines are taken to Severa's Address-field and separated with line break.
- PostalCode, text, 50 characters.
- City, text, 50 characters.
- State, text, 50 characters, only valid states of United States are recognized, e.g. "Alabama" or "California". Should be entered only when Country is United States.
- Country text, 100 characters, only valid countries are recognized, e.g. Finland, United Kingdom, Japan. Consult the list of world countries at the following link if desired.
- OfficePhone, alphanumeric, 50 characters.
- OfficeFax, alphanumeric, 50 characters.
- FirstName, text, 100 characters.
- LastName, text, 100 characters.
- Salutation, valid format is 'ms.' 'mrs.' or 'mr.'. Salutations are translated after importing.
- Title, text, 100 characters.
- ContactRole, text, 100 characters.
- ContactEmail, text, 200 characters in valid format with only one address per contact. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ContactPhone, alphanumeric, 200 characters.
- ContactMobile, alphanumeric, 200 characters.
- ContactSkype, alphanumeric, 200 characters.
- DateofBirth, alphanumeric in valid date format according to personal formatting options (found in Visma Severa under Tools > Personal details > Settings > Formatting). E.g. English (US): 2001-05-20.
- Description, text, 200 characters.
- Satisfaction, numeric between 1 - 3, in which 1 = unsatisfied, 2 = neutral and 3 = satisfied.
- ContactKeywords, text, 50 characters.
- eInvoice address, text, 50 characters.
- eInvoice operator, text, 50 characters. Enter operator code, not operator name.
- Billing address, enter "1" to mark the address on the row as billing address. Any other value than 1 is ignored.
- Office address, enter "1" to mark the address on the row as office address. Any other value than 1 is ignored.
- Postal address, enter "1" to mark the address on the row as postal address. Any other value than 1 is ignored.
Oliko tästä vastauksesta apua?Send feedback