- Account management
Accounts are the companies that represent your customers, consultants and partners as well as your own business. Accounts contain basic information about the company and sections to manage Contacts, Cases, Invoices and Activities.
There are four sections on the new account page:
- General information
- Main contact
- Main address and
- Market segmentation.
Basically, an account can be created by simply entering the Account name and Save. However, entering more information from the beginning will make it easier to use the account for customer relationship management (CRM) and project management. It's recommended to enter as much information as possible when creating a new account.
- Hover on New, and click Account.
- In the General information section, enter the Account name.
- Select or enter as much of the following information as possible, including the Account owner, Website, Industry, Rating and any kind of descriptive Notes.
- Click the + Details button, and continue to enter as much information as possible about the company in the following fields: Annual revenue, Number of employees, Email, VAT number, Time zone, Price list, Currency, Invoice template, Language, Payment terms, Overdue interest and Reverse charge (if applicable).
All fields in the Main contact section are optional. However, if you want to add any information in this section the First name and Last name fields become mandatory.
- Enter the First name and Last name.
- Select or enter as much of the following information as possible, including the Title, Email, Telephone, Salutation, Role, Satisfaction and Keywords.
- Click the + Details button, and continue to enter as much information as possible about the company in the following fields: Do not email, Mobile, Skype, Date of birth, Time zone, Language and Description.
All fields in the Main address section are optional. However the address should be identified as either a Billing, Office or Postal address, and more than one of these options can be selected.
- Enter the street address
- Select or enter as much of the following information as possible, including the Postal code, City, State (if applicable) and Country.
- Click the + Details button, and continue to enter as much information as possible about the company in the following fields: Phone and Fax.
If your company uses market segmentation, click to open the Market segmentation section, click to select relevant groups for the new account and remember to Save.
- Locate an existing Account
- through the top menu using Search (by account name, account number, case name, case number or keyword)
- History (lists the last 10 pages that you visited in Visma Severa)
- Browse or
- Click to open it
- On the dark gray Account information title bar, click Delete if desired. However, note that deleting an account isn't possible once cases or invoices have been created for it.
The Active and Inactive buttons indicate the current state of the case with color
- Green active button indicates that the account is Active
- Red inactive button indicates that the account Inactive
To inactivate an existing account simply click the Inactive button on the top right corner. Inactive accounts are still available for review in the system, but may not appear in default searches if a filter has been applied. To activate previously inactivated account, click the Active button on the top right corner.
To adjust general information about the account, including the Account name, Account owner, Industry, Annual revenue, Number of employees, Email, Website, Headquarters, Business ID, Account number, Language Time zone, Payment terms, Price list and Notes, click Edit on the light gray Account information title bar and Save changes. You can see a time stamp when the account was last updated on the bottom left corner (date and person).
- On the Contact information title bar, click the New contact button to add a contact
- New contact pop-up opens where contact details can be added
- Salutation: The formal greeting that precedes a person's name in written correspondence
- First name and Last name: The names of the contact person
- Title: The contact's formal title for their position at the company
- Role: The significance of the contact's position and how it relates to the project. The default roles are Billing contact and Decision maker. The drop-down menu lists all active roles in the system.
- Address: The company address where the contact works
- Time zone: The time zone where the contact resides
- Language: The language used when communicating with the contact
- Date of birth: The birthday of the contact
- Satisfaction: The satisfaction level of the contact: unhappy, neutral, or happy. If your company does not rate the satisfaction of contacts, you can select
- Email: The email address of the contact
- Do not email: Indicates that the contact may not be approached by email
- Mobile, Skype, Telephone: The mobile, Skype or telephone number for the contact. The methods of communication specified in settings are presented
- Keywords: Words used to identify specific contacts through searches or reports
- Description: A short description of the contact person, or any additional information
- Click Save to save changes
- If you wish to edit or delete an existing contact, in the Contact information section, click the icon for an existing contact to open the relevant pop-up
- Edit the information and Save changes or Delete the existing contact (Note: Contacts are not deleted but inactivated, it is possible to restore previously deleted contact)
If you have previously deleted a contact with exactly the same first name and last name notification is shown
To restore the existing contact, click the grey Restore button
- The contact in restored and you can edit it by click the contact icon to open pop-up
- On the Contact information title bar, click the New address button to add an address
- On the pop-up, enter the Address, Postal code, City, State, Country, Phone and Fax
- Select whether the address represents Billing, Office or Postal, or select more than one of these options
- If you wish to edit or delete an existing address, in the Contact information section, click the icon for an existing address to open the relevant pop-up
- Edit the information and Save changes or Delete the existing address
- Click to expand the Market segmentation section
- Click to select or deselect segments to which the account belongs
- Click Save to save changes
On the the dark gray Cases, Invoices and Activities title bars, click New case, New invoice or New activity if desired.
Oliko tästä vastauksesta apua?Send feedback