How to enter vacation and sick - days?
Vacation and sick days are entered as activities on the calendar. Other employees in Visma Severa can see Out of office activities when viewing your calendar, and management can create reports based on Activity type to review absences.
The hours associated with out of office activities are automatically deducted from the Work hour balance when using the Advanced time tracking add-on.
- Open the New Activity page in one of the following ways:
In the top menu, go to New and select Activity.
Or, click a day of the month on My calendar in the sidebar. Double click on a date, and on the Subject pop-up click Show more to open the New Activity page.
- Type to enter a Name for the activity.
- Click to open the Activity type drop-down menu, and click to select the appropriate Out of office activity.
- If entering the activity for yourself, skip to the next step. If entering the activity for someone else, click to open the Owner drop-down menu, and click to select the person.
- Type to enter a Location if applicable.
- Dates: The From and To dates automatically default to today. Click the date fields to open a date selection calendar and click to select different dates.
- Times: The default timeframe of an activity depends on how the activity was created. To enter the correct timeframe, perform one of the following steps:
- If the duration of the activity is a whole day or multiple days, make sure the checkboxes in front of Duration and All day are marked.
- If the duration of the activity is shorter than a full workday, make sure the checkboxes in front of Duration and All day are unmarked.
- If the duration of the activity is a whole day and occurs for example weekly, make sure that the checkboxes in front of Duration, All day are marked and Recurring activity are marked. Define also Recurrence.
- Type to enter a Description if necessary.
- If the activity is being reported after it occurred (i.e., in the case of illness) and is already completed, click to mark the checkbox in front of Mark as completed.
- Finally, click Save or Save and add new.
If the activity was entered on the calendar prior to completion, go to the Calendar afterwards, open the activity again and at the bottom of the page click the checkbox in front of Mark as completed and Save.